Below you will find Mariana's Dancing Studio's school policies, rules, and general information. Parents and students are encouraged to read and understand this information.
- All payments are due in full regardless of illness, closings due to weather, and holidays.
- For information on Tuition and Fees, please visit our Tuition page.
- MDS usually follows the Ipswich School District's decisions, but if roads are clear and our entrance is accessible, we will be open.
- Decisions will be made depending on the safety hazards of traveling conditions for both students and teachers.
- Please call (978) 948- 2416 or visit our Facebook page to check the status of the studio.
- In case of illness, please do keep your child at home. We work in close contact and illness can spread quickly. In case of injury your child will be credited the Instruction paid for, forwarded to future classes.
- Respect is rule #1 at MDS. Any child or parent who demonstrates abusive behavior of any kind can be asked to leave by staff or Studio Director if the situation meets the criteria. Gossiping, criticizing, calling names, physical contact that is unwelcome, any cyber abuse, name calling and excluding are behaviors that will not be tolerated and can cost a student /parent to be expelled from the studio. No refunds will apply.
- MDS reserves the right to remove, dismiss, or let go of any student whose behavior is not aligned with Studio rules, in particular the Bullying/Respect Others policy.
- While we sometimes allow students to stay at the premises in between classes, or wait for parents, MDS is NOT RESPONSIBLE for the unattended children of any age.
- We ask that you please drop-off your dancers no earlier than 10-15 minutes before class.
- If your dancer has several classes during the same day they are welcome to wait in Studio B in the homework area.
- Students' cell phones must be off or on vibrate.
- No food, drinks, candy or gum allowed other than in the designated snack/homework area in Studio B.
- Please label all dance shoes and clothes.
- MDS is not responsible for lost items.
- No street shoes on the dance floor.
- No dance shoes on the street.
- NO VIDEO IS ALLOWED from either parents or students.
- If you are interested if recording something you must obtain permission from the Studio Director only (not from teachers).
- Students must be at least ten (10) minutes early for class in order to change into dancewear and/or stretch.
- While we want you to have fun and socialize, please no talking during class.
Private Instruction Policy
- Privates must be canceled a minimum of 24 hours prior to the class. If we do not receive a notice within that time period, the full class fee will still apply.
Waiting Area Policies
- Please do not talk on your cell phone in the waiting area, and please turn all cell phones on vibrate. We love that you socialize with other parents, students and teachers, but classes are going on and it becomes very distracting to the children and teachers.
- Please no videoing unless permission is obtained from Studio Director ahead of time.
- Routines from the show or practices CANNOT be put online anywhere (Youtube, Facebook, etc.) by a parent, friend, relative or teacher. Videos may only be published online by the Director.
- If you wish to publish something you must obtain special permission form the Studio Director.
- MDS is located next to Family Dollar and our students tend to go to the store often. It is our policy that dancers NEED TO BE in street clothes or cover-ups to exit the studio. Even though the store is close to us, once again, MDS is not responsible for situations like this. It is up to you as a parent to decide what is acceptable and what is not, and discuss it with your child.
- No horseplay, running , jumping, hanging from barres or using unattended equipment please.
- All students are expected to attend classes unless they are sick or come across a situation where they can not attend.
- If you can not attend, please send a notice either via email, text, or call with the students name and any other information.
- Missing an excessive amount of classes may lead to dancers not being in all of the choreography simply due to time. However, we encourage all dancers to learn what they missed from a friend at home, and be all caught up when they come back.
- Competition attendance also complies with these rules, but it is much more strict.
- If you are to exceed missing more than 1 of each class per session, there may be a re-evaluation.
- If a class is cancelled or a student is absent for a class, they are welcome to participate in any other class of the same level as a make up class up to three weeks after the cancellation or absence date.
- If for whatever reason you plan on discontinuing lessons, a 30-day written notice must be provided for cancellation.
- MDS reserves the right to remove or ask a student to leave at any time if the Director decides that such student is not complying with Studio Policies, or acts in any way that the Director or teachers may consider inappropriate.